Last updated 2nd May 2017
Erw Wen - Full Details of facilities and accommodation
View of dining area from the garden extension
- Large kitchen/dining/garden room; (see picture on right). Table can seat up to 10. There's also a Denon HiFi.
- Utility room off kitchen containing butler sink, washing machine, fridge/freezer and storage cupboards
- Large Living room with wood burning stove, 3 sofas, 2 chairs, 32" LCD digital TV, Blu-Ray/DVD player, Humax PVR, bookcase with books and games
- Double bedroom with standard double bed, wardrobe, bedside tables, 2 drawers under bed
- Bedroom with 2 child-sized bunk beds and chest of drawers
- Single bedroom with chest of drawers, drawers under bed. Access is through the living room.
- Bathroom. Bath also has a shower, basin and WC
- Cloakroom including separate shower room with WC and basin
- Hall with small desk and chair, bookcase and pay phone - useful work area.
Part of the main living room
- Double bedroom with standard double bed (four storage drawers), built in cupboard and chest of drawers - spectacular sea views!
- Double bedroom with standard double bed (storage drawer), chair and chest of drawers
- Single bedroom with under bed storage, chest of drawers and chair
- Shower room with basin and WC
Pictures of the rooms are in the photo gallery.
Linen Duvets and pillows are supplied for all beds.
We do not supply linen. We ask you to bring your own sheets, pillow slips, duvet covers and towels/tea towels. All beds are standard sizes (ie double beds are 4'6")
Cooking Gas fired AGA and microwave oven. Dishwasher. Larder fridge in kitchen, fridge and 1.8 cubic foot freezer in utility room. See Cooking on an Aga.
Laundry Washing machine and outside and inside lines. The Aga is also good for getting things dry. Airing cupboard (containing drying racks for use in front of Aga); iron and ironing board.
- TV (32" Panasonic LCD Digital Freeview). You can watch High Definition TV via the Humax.
- Blu-Ray/DVD player (watch your films in high definition)
- Personal Video Recorder (Humax Hard drive Freeview recorder - HDR2000T - with high definition support).
- Free Internet Access with WiFi (you will need your own Laptop or iPad etc). Conditions apply.
- Pay telephone. (Some mobile networks do not work well). It doesn't accept the new £1!
- Denon HiFi unit in kitchen/dining area including CD player and FM / digital tuner. This player can also play MP3 CDs and you can plug in your MP3 player if you have a suitable cable (Stereo mini-jack output).
Outside Large picnic table on stone terrace overlooking sea, second outside table, garden chairs, large Weber barbecue.
Sea view from the garden extension
Parking Ample - at least 4 cars
Pets By negotiation - please call. As a rule, well behaved dogs are welcome but conditions apply, including a surcharge. (See the pets item in the booking conditions).
Changeover day Saturday. Arrival - after 3.30 pm, Departure - by 11.00 am (unless agreed otherwise.)
Central heating is via an efficient mains gas condensing boiler which also heats the water. There is additional warmth from the gas-fired Aga
Electricity and gas There are no coin operated meters, instead a charge is made based on the measured average cost for the time of year (see rates file)
Fuel for wood burning stove We do not supply wood, but logs are available locally. There is a fireguard to keep young children away from the wood burner
Smoking Erw Wen is a no-smoking house.
Children There are two stair gates. They fit at the top and bottom of the stairs. A high chair is provided but we don't have a cot as most people prefer to bring their own.
Booking Conditions apply: These can be seen by clicking here
Insurance We don't have insurance to protect you if you are forced to cancel (see the booking conditions). You are recommended to take out travel insurance.
Weekend Lets / Small Group Discounts Outside school holidays in the off season, weekend lets (of up to 3 nights) are possible. We also offer "small group" discounts. See the rates file for more details.